David Brisson DO osteopath
In my clinical experience, I take care of all kind of patients:
- low back pain, neck pain, headache
- recover from long flight
- International athlete and amateur: motor sport, soccer, yoga, dance, snowboard, ski, rugby, running, martial arts...
- Sport injury, increase recovery and performance,
- Sprain, tendinitis, fracture, muscle spasms, concussion, car crash, whiplash,
- Loss of flexibility, loss of focus, loss of balance,
- on the field or at the clinic
- Posture, accuracy, Focus, stress
- Chronic pain, tendinitis,
- Pregnancy: to prepare the birth, to reduce side effects of pregnancy, to rebalance pelvic, back pain
- Periods and premenstrual pain, migraine, Fertility disorder
- injury, scoliosis, growth, medical issue
- behavior disorder, loss of confidence
- Posture: chronic shoulder pain, neck pain, back pain, knee pain, frozen shoulder, headache, migraine
- Professional and personal stress, sleeping disorder
- Digestive trouble, acid reflux,
- Neurological, hormonal, immune system disbalance
- Help to manage heavy medical treatment, post-surgery
A session is
A thorough interview about injury, medical history, stress, occupation, daily life habits. Then, we test the whole body: joints, muscles, organs, skull, posture... Ask us about your condition
Then, we apply an individual treatment depending on our diagnosis and the personality of patient. Our techniques can be direct manipulation like "cracking", stretch, or very gentle like massage, facia, craniosacral or biodynamic. From a full body chiropractic adjustment to a very soft and gentle treatment, You + me define the treatment. Share your worry
Finally, we propose advices or exercises to emphasize the treatment and to avoid symptoms coming back.
The number of session depends on the individual, most of the time, it takes 1 to 3 sessions for clear improvement.
I received my "DO" licence in France, where it takes 5 years, including 3 years of clinical training, and follows the World Health Organization requirements. I am member of the France America osteopathy society SOFA
D.O. at IdHEO
“The Institute of High Studies of Osteopathy., a university of the highest standing in France, where this degree course takes 5 years, including 3 years of clinical training. My degree is recognized by France Ministry of Health, the European Parliament and follows the World Health Organization requirements.
Training focusing on alternative to treatment approaches, especially Biodynamics
The osteopath seeks the root cause of a loss of mobility. She/He detects restriction of movement through fine palpation and the various tests of mobility and motility. Based on the information from the interview and manual tests, we define a protocol of treatment, what to treat and how to treat.
Visceral disfunction has been found to have a link with back pain and posture issues in more than 70% of patients, and include both direct or indirect delicate techniques, which is to go slowly into the dysfunction until the neutral point where there is no tension, from this point the alive tissue relax on its own, at the opposit direct like stretching.
Craniosacral therapy is a gentle treatment using soft touch pressure on the skull and sacrum, working on the skull, plus inner membranes around central nerve system. It is a very relaxing technique with deep impact on the whole head and spine.
I search with my hands for a lack of mobility or flexibility in different parts of the body: joints, muscles, organs and skull, as the level of mobility can affect your health
Observation from a distance looking for disbalance, asymmetry, posture, skin pallor and redness. He/She also carefully observes active movements done by patient to detect any restriction of mobility.
I collect information about the reason for the visit, symptoms, medical history and living environment.
"An osteopath is only a human engineer, who should understand all the laws governing his engine and thereby master disease."
Dr Andrew Taylor Still
"Chiropracting is branch on the tree of Osteopathy, the problem is Chiropracters took with them on this branch, only one of the many tools utilised by the Osteopathe, ...manipulation."